Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Driving Pictures: San Francisco to Salem

“Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear.” - Anoymous

The drive from San Francisco was VERY long.  It took me about twelve hours including stopping to eat and get gas.  Luckily, I left super early in the morning (5:30am) to avoid traffic, so I made it to Salem before nightfall.  The view for most of the trip was not too spectacular (I did not take the coastal highway because it added too much time)...but I was able to get some good pictures.  Here they are!

This turned out blurry (obviously) but I liked it - this was the bridge I was going over at sunrise that took me out of San Francisco.

As I was crossing the bridge in the above picture I glanced down at my odometer and noticed this!  Luckily I already had my camera out.  I have put A LOT of miles on "The Bubbly" (my car) during this trip.  All of them well worth it!



I just thought this cloud taking a break on top of the mountain was nifty looking.

My first snow sighting of the trip - which was fine at the time, because I did not drive through any of it or deal with the frigid temperatures ('til I got inside the Salem House, anyway)!


So there was this town called Weed in northern California - and there was a lot of signage and such.  One bumper sticker read: I (heart) Weed california.  I found it to be pretty amusing. 

This one is for you Jake!  =) 

It was rainy that day (of the few bad driving days I have had)...but it made a rainbow!

It totally did not lead to a pot of gold though...

Don't mind my car...can you see the faint double rainbow?  Pretty spectacular stuff!

That was the drive...on to Salem (even though I am writing this from Pittsburgh)!

1 comment:

  1. The rainbow pics are beautiful! Now I understand what that rainbow guy was so worked up about! lol
    also, Im glad to see Kathy in a picture!

    ReplyDelete